Monday, May 9, 2011

That New Blog Smell

So here it is:  your invitation to join me in the strange world of 21st century writing and publishing.

I'm a writer.  A struggling writer.  A writer who feels lost when she considers what it's going to take to "make it" in the digital age.  In fact, I spent most of yesterday sobbing and drinking because I didn't feel up to the task.  But today's a different day.    

I'm a good writer.  I know that.  I've spent years learning the craft and have learned to polish and edit like a motherclucker.  (Not swearing, Mom.)  I still have work to do, but I'm capable of it.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that I'm looking to break into the market at a time when no one knows where the market is really going.  Are we really headed for an e-book-only kind of world?  Are agents really necessary if that's the case?  Is it possible to get an agent if you're not Snooki and you don't have a blurb from Oprah and you're not writing YA paranormal novels?

I don't know, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment